Influencer campaign example - Parenting
The brand: Little Savage makes delicious and biodegradable quality products for children, focusing on durability, breathability and delicious design. The target group is responsible and environmentally conscious parents. Little Savage therefore approached Loggershut to access a wide range of micro influencers, which would be great to showcase and tell about Little Savage's leather bag.
In addition to the beautiful design, it was also important to be told that the leather bag was not just a beautiful puzzle bag, but a bag that has several functions. Thereby the usability and joy of the bag increases.
In order not to just blindly shoot, Little Savage chose to use Loggershut's 'Enterprise' solution, where Loggershut was the ropes keeper from start to finish throughout the campaign.
This includes Loggershut's support with:
- Clear definition of the task to avoid pitfalls
- Segmentation of influencers including among others: Age, media and number of followers as criteria
- Manual screening of micro influencers Instagram profiles
- Presentation of gross list of micro influencers for Little Savage
- Contact the influencers on behalf of Little Savage
- Presentation of net list of influencers to Little Savage
- Reject to the micro influencers who did not get the job or tell the good news to the influencers who got the job respectively
- Check that the influencers have marked their post as advertising and given reference to @littlesavage on Instagram
- Annoy report, with statistics of influencer's Instagram post, for Little Savage
Little Savage was therefore solely responsible for the final selection of micro influencers and the transmission of the leather bags to the influencers.
The rest, Loggershut managed.
Two influencers were selected to market the leather bag.
The figures below show statistics measured after only 4 days after influencers put their mail online. The statistics show good results in terms of number of impressions and engagement:
Looking solely at the number of impressions, the two posts gave more than 5000 views.
- The one micro-influencer had 5473 followers, giving 176 likes, 66 positive comments and 10 in total. It gives an engagement rate of ((174 + 66 + 10) x 100): 5473 = 4.57%
- The second micro-influencer had 8499 followers on Instagram, 173 likes, 16 positive comments, 1 forwarding and 1 saved collection. Therefore, the result for engagement rate is: ((173 + 16 + 1 + 1) x 100): 8499 = 2.25%
This example shows very well that it is not always the number of followers that determines whether a post on Instagram will be successful. More importantly, both influencers have over 50% of their target audience aged 25-34 years, or approximately 25% of ages 35-44, respectively, which is a viable target group.
And in addition, Little Savage got an agreement with influencers to reuse the influencer's photos for Little Savage's marketing. Therefore, the delicious photos were reused to run a targeted look alike campaign on Facebook with a really nice result.
Key take aways:
Material from Instagram posts can be reused on other social media, in agreement with the influencers during a given campaign period. In addition, as a brand, company or organization, you can achieve a high degree of credibility. You do this by referring to the @influencer in your Facebook advertising. That way, the @influencer validates your product or brand and your Facebook advertising appears personal, unlike all the other Facebook ads that may appear spam-like to you
Number of followers is not crucial. Number of followers can only be used as a directional arrow. Instead, consider whether the influencer is good at interacting with his followers. That is why the big mega and macro influencers are usually not that interesting, unless you have a large setup in relation to a comprehensive media strategy that includes: Many social media platforms, events, OOH (out-of-home) advertising, for example bus stops, radio, TV or the like
If you want to get started with influencer marketing yourself, it's easy. You just follow the link below.